Well, things have been moving along quite nicely the past two days. My exciting news is that I saved 40% on my grocery bill yesterday. If Brad has to hear me break down how many yogurts I got for how much after the sale price plus my double coupons he might take my coupon filer away. The best part of the grocery trip was our run-in with Larry Law. The boys were riding in the car attached to the grocery cart, and periodically, I'd stop for them to get out and grab the item of choice and "gently" drop it into the cart. Then, they'd get back in, but we wouldn't go too fast in the "policeman come and get us" (I deny any knowledge of how they have any idea about policemen pulling people over for going too fast ...). Then, about 3/4 of the way through the trip, when things usually start to fall apart, a Keller policeman walked up and started talking to the boys! He made them promise to be good and gave them a sticker. I love law enforcement.
For lunch, I made peanut butter sandwiches (Jack and Charlie's favorite) and as a treat, gave a whole apple to each of the guys. Usually, we cut them up so as not to waste the food, but I was feeling like "fun mom" and thought, "What the heck - give 'em the whole apple!" About two bites into lunch, Jack turned around and said, "Mom, is the best food we can eat?"
That afternoon, Sarah and our cousin Sissy (the boys call her Sisty) came over so Brad and I could go out on a date. It was great! We stayed out late (9:15) and came to find everyone bathed and in bed. It really doesn't get much better.
That leads me to today. Best Mother's Day ever! Sarah Grace wanted to be the first to wish me a good day so she woke up at 4:45 to play until everyone else woke up. The boys and I made blueberry muffins in our train pan and then they disappeared with Daddy ... a few minutes later I got a wonderful Mother's Day treat. Besides the very thoughtful presents from Daddy, I especially loved the clay hands the boys made at school. But my absolute favorite part: both boys wrote "mommy" on the outside of the card envelope! We went to Mom's for a wonderful lunch of hamburgers on Chris' new grill. Mom has a candy dish on her coffee table, and surprisingly, all the kiddos are usually pretty good about staying out of it they don't have permission to eat the contents. But today, about halfway through the visit, Sarah went inside to find Charlie, thumbing in Jack's general direction, saying, "Jack's not hiding over there, and he isn't eating anything." Good cover.
Brad continues to do a lot of work on our garden, and it's looking very good! Stay tuned for updates.
Love to all!
Caroline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment