Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why we don't have a dog

I finally decided to start blogging about our family. This blog has been set up for month - don't know why it's taken so long for me to get going on actually adding something to it!

It's been a busy week. I don't even remember Monday. Tuesday Charlie was sick so the boys stayed home from school. Poor old Charlie felt bad for only about 6 hours but Jack was down and out too - just because he was worried about Charlie. Wednesday everyone had recovered so after Brad left for Tyler with Sarah Grace (he had some meetings there this week), the boys and I went to storytime at Southlake Town Center, had lunch and played in the Town Center gazebo, or as the boys call it: The Big City.

And that leads us to today! It was show and tell day at school so I packed up the teeny-tiny-turtle to take. Seriously, this thing is no longer than 2 inches - that's with the head and tail sticking out! They found it when they were in Palestine digging for worms with Bunga and Uncle John. Everyone seemed excited to bring it home but have since been less than enthusiastic about actually having a pet turtle. For some reason I keep feeding it and set it up in some pretty cool turtle digs. So far, so good. There was a slight renewed interest when we took it to school for show and tell. It's there for the rest of the school year - for educational purposes of course! As a side note, the turtle is still nameless.

I can't close without mentioning the boys' swim lessons! They are at the end of week two of beginner swimming. It's hard to tell if they're destined for greatness in the pool, but they've definitely made progress. Charlie is much more comfortable getting in the water and is able to make about 5 feet. Jack has always been more comfortable in the water, which probably helps him do the back float. The big news today was that they got to go down the big slides. The looks on their faces when they shoot out of the bottom are priceless! Tomorrow is the last day.

But I think my favorite part of the day was on the way to school. The boys were in the back of the car and Jack said, "I love you, Charlie. You're my best friend."

Love to all!

1 comment:

cookie said...

Thanks so much for sharing. The boys are adorable. What a great way to keep up.